Thursday 3 September 2009

Welcome to all. This is my first blog so I hope you will bear with me until I get to grips with things.

Noodle Soup is the name of a group of friends who are totally patchwork and quilting mad! We meet every week on a Wednesday in my little Bumbleberry Cottage at the bottom of the garden. It may sound a bit gnome-ish, but it is really lovely. Here we do a lot of creative stuff like making coffee and tea, having lunch, chatting, oh and stitching! We all met through another quilt group we belong to called Hearty Quilters. As HQ is only a monthly meeting, we decided to get together and meet weekly. As I had the most room, we started in my conservatory. Together we worked on the charity quilts that the HQ group raffle each year at our Maidstone quilt show. This is held on the last Friday and Saturday of July. Our next one is on the 30&31 July 2010. Our 2009 quilt show raised over £2000 for the Heart of Kent Hospice. Check out the link for more details.

Anyway back to Noodle Soup. Each week we bring whatever we feel like working on and spend the whole day sewing. Food is shared and I am the hostess. I just love everyone coming over and don't mind that I don't get alot of sewing done. There is just something special about a group of friends being together, away from the rest of their lives for that moment. Even though we also belong to a few other groups, this one is just a little more special because of the close bond we have to each other.

I think that is all I am going to say for the moment. I will be telling you all about our recent trip to the Festival of Quilts at the NEC Birmingham. There are some lovely photos to post as well.

See ya later!
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment