Saturday 10 October 2009

Teenie Tiny HST!

I have collected several HST from another project, so old I can't remember where I put it!  It was the idea that Bonnie from Quiltville advocates.  I was adding squares to the corner of some blocks and did the whole double sewing on the corner to produce these wonderful little babies.  I even made my friend Alison do the same.  She cursed me, I know, but I told her it was important to save all these for another project.  So now I have finally found a project to use them in.
As my group, Hearty Quilters, will be doing A4 quilts for our Maidstone Quilt Show this year, I reckoned that I could use these little darlings up in that.  I think it may be easier if I first fuse them on to some gridded vilene for ease of handling.  Got my Singer featherweight out as I thought this would be just the job for its first outing.  Just love that little machine.  It brings back warm memories of sitting and watching my mum sew!  The smell does it.  You don't get the same from the modern machines.
Somehow I don't think this is going to be as easy as the pictures in my head make it!  We'll see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment