Sunday 8 August 2010

How busy was I???

Hi to all my Noodles and followers,

Life has been a whirlwind around here.  As chairman of the famous quilt group Hearty Quilters, I have been quite busy with the 2010 Maidstone Quilt Show.  Such a fantastic show in such a breathtaking venue.  The group raised a phenomenal £4000 for the Heart of Kent Hospice.  If you click on any of the links, you can see all the wonderful exhibits that were on display.  Of course "The Noodles" were on hand to offer their creative input.  Why do you think they're called "Super Noodles"!


2011 Maidstone Quilt Show plans are already afoot.  Please check out the Hearty Quilters blog for all the up to date info.  Of course, I will try to keep some extra interest going through this blog as well.

Yesterday some of the Noodles managed to get out and about and attend an HQ group picnic.  It rained in the morning, but cleared by noon.  It is always fun when you get a group of lively women together under a big tree in the park!  Wished more people had attended, but the location got changed at the last minute and the weather was not too convincing.  I admit that even I wasn't too hopeful.  Still I'm glad I went and we did have a laugh.  Watching me take a whole loaf of sliced bread out of my bag along with a pack of ham.  I didn't get a chance to make sandwiches and so I just pulled anything out of the fridge, threw it into the bag and went on my adventure!  Just typical of me as all the Noodles know.


It's Sunday and I'm off to Mass now.  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment