Monday 6 February 2012

Here's where I am today!

I am in middle earth at the moment with my quilting.  I have completed a couple of projects, but I still have more in progress.  Trouble is I really want to do something different.

Orca Bay was loads of fun while it was happening and then I fell behind and sort of slowed down.

Here are the photos of my Orca Bay to date.


All of the parts, but not put together.  I am still working on the wing triangles.

The red triangles are what slowed me down.  I will carry on with them, but 3/4" is labour intensive!

Bonnie's "leader-ender" is how I am planning on finishing these triangles.

700 is a BIG number in my book.  I usually piece a couple of blocks, then cut a couple of blocks.  Cutting all in one go and sewing all in one go is too daunting and sometimes boring.

I need instant gratification.



This is a quilting pattern by Anne Bright.  I had some extra backing fabric on the longarm and so I thought I would quilt up a piece of fabric to use in another project.








These books jumped out from my bookshelves and spoke to me.



I need liberating from all the exact piecing required in Orca Bay.

Scrappy houses is a strong possibility!

16 comments:

  1. know what you mean about the wing triangles; thought i would NEVER finish them; they do get done eventually though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not giving up. The quilt is great. I just need to get myself back on track. Slowly but surely.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for not being done! Seeing all these quilted and bound Orca Bays was making me feeel inadequate. LOL! Mine is in pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure some just put a couple of blocks together to look good! We are just honest! We will get there eventually.

      Delete
  3. You have made lots of progress, it took me almost 2 years to finish the Carolina Christmas mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you will finish at some point. I only did half and ended up with a 60" X 60" quilt. Most of us have a zillion things going at once which is the way I think it should be! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne! Your Orca is just amazing. Love the red backing fabric.

      Delete
  5. Your Orca Bay looks so good. Goodness look at those strings!!! Labor intensive without a doubt and stunning!!! I do love the blocks at the end. I had to do something easy while I was doing Orca Bay as well. Especially when I was putting the rows together. Can't wait to see it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're further ahead than I am Sandra :) Seeing some of these comments as well as your post gives me encouragement to get back on track with mine. It has been stalemate since that reveal. Your bits look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Elly, like Bonnie said, it's not a race. Sometimes my mind wanders and that's OK. It is imagination at work and that is what makes us creative. So let's celebrate all those who haven't finished their Orca!

      Delete
  7. Keep up the good work on the Orca Bay, you're getting close now! That Freddy's House book blew me away when I first saw it ... so much glorious colour!! I had to start collecting black/white prints straight away, although I haven't used them yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Helen. I just love colour and I too got loads of b&w because of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there -- not really all that much left to do, if you do a little at a time. It will look gorgeous when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. I am setting myself a goal each day. Fitting it in between a couple of other projects.

      Delete