Friday 30 December 2011

Krimbo Limbo

Christmas has gone and New Year is almost here.  Too much food, too much drink and too much laying about watching TV.  I did manage to work in a few days of creativity.  But when my usual routine is disrupted, it takes me a while to get back into the swing of things.

I am really eager to get back to the Orca Bay Mystery.  Need to do some serious catching-up!!  Those pesky 3/4" red strips are taking their toll on my piecing time.

But as I did have a project I needed to complete first, I thought I best get that sorted and out of the way.

Here is a photo of the completed quilt top destined for the 2012 HOKH Maidstone Quilt Show raffle.  Each year there are three quilts donated for the raffle prizes.



My friends, Claudia Taylor and Linda Prance, are busy working on the other two quilts which will complete the prizes.  Claudia won Visitor's Choice at the 2011 HOKH Maidstone Quilt Show and kindly took up the challenge to produce one of the prizes for next year.

Linda is our resident celebration cake maker from Cake Mountain.  Check out her website!  The cakes are DE-LI-CIOUS!!  Take it from me.

She is making a very colourful child's quilt which will be third prize.  I am going to be quilting it for her.

So now I just have to get my quilt top on the longarm and weave my magic to make it sparkle.  I may wait until I get my January patterns from Anne Bright.  I just love what she comes up with every month.

Happy New Year to All!!


3 comments:

  1. That's a great quilt.....I love the chain the white squares make! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt - esp like the chain effect of the lighter pieces. I'm trying to get back into the swing of real life too! Happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Southern California

    I am Your Newest Follower

    Take Care & Have a Nice Day :-)

    ReplyDelete